Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Mermaid Hair

I have a very short attention span. I always get bored easily ESPECIALLY when it comes to my hair. I cant have straight hair too long or curly hair too long or i'll just get frustrated and never want to even look at my hair. However thanks to my weave addiction I can do different things like dye my hair BLUE.  Everyone seemed to think I was kidding when I said I was going to do it...




....Nope.

So how did I do it? Well it was actually quite easy. 
The first thing I had to do was bleach the ends of my hair. Kind of like my ombre tutorial except with a higher developer to get that extra lift. It also helped that my hair was a slight ombre prior to the blue dye. 
I had to make sure that I got my hair SUPER blonde as the color wouldn't be as vibrant. Once it was super blonde I got down to business. I had originally picked purple but I felt like that was kind of common so I went with Aqua for the the top of the transition to a sky blue (azure) for the bottom of it. The reason I did this was since the hair was so dark, I didn't want it to just randomly change colors I wanted more of a softer fade effect. 
 
Hair color: 6.99 a tube (Sally's)
I used Ion color brilliance which was  great because there was no mixing and the colors were extremely vibrant. Then, I just painted it onto the hair and made sure I got every blonde spot. After that, I left it on for about three hours. 

Then finally, I rinsed out the dye and deep conditioned it (very important!) and sewed it back into my hair. I instantly loved it and got so many compliments! 

Downsides? Well, the color did tend to rub off on my lighter colored clothing and I eventually did get tired of it (of course..) but all and all I loved it and I think everyone should give bright hair a try!


 

No comments :

Post a Comment